Marketing Plan for Week #3
After three weeks and tons of feedback, we consider that a new version of Archer Master is necessary for the following reasons:
- Fixing bugs. We’ve recently read a few comments like these: "It would be 5star if force close issue being fix..", " the game is good but it always is force closing on me", "Keeps force closing. Otherwise. it's an awesome game. Droid X." ... Even though there are only a few cases, when it comes to mobile applications we believe quality is king. So the message here is clear: we need a new version with these bugs fixed.
- Boosting Revenue. Once more, weekly income are insignificant so it's time to try something different. The new approach we'll be explained in another post.
For all of this, we think the best marketing strategy right now is working on a new version that includes the mentioned changes. It should be delivered in two-three weeks at most. Until then, we'll stop marketing activities.
For the sake of clarity, we have been suggested to replace the current charts by week-by-week graphs that show the evolution from the beginning. It does make sense now that there's data from three weeks.
- Overall, downloads increase steadily by about 60/day. Unfortunately our expectations on Amazon don’t match the reality because the AppStore has provided us with barely a dozen downloads. Even worse is the case of GetJar with just two downloads over the last 10 days. Chances are that getjar will be ruled out for the next version of Archer Master. Regarding to AppChina, we think is doing well, but to be honest we expected more.
- This week Ads requests remains constant around 10K/day. It's curious to see how income directly depend not only on clicks but also on ads impressions. The combination of both is technically known as CTR. CTR directly impacts on how much you're going to earn. The CTR of the first week is far better than the second's and the third's, that's why we made more revenue.
- A funny thing has happened this week; AdMob has updated Archer Master stats increasing the number of clicks from the last two weeks. It seems like clicks should go thru a kind of approval before being registered. Anyway the thing is that income figures from the last two weeks have changed, although they haven't improved dramatically. In short, from the beginning we've officially earned around $8.