Marketing Plan for Week #2
This week we've focused on expanding our distribution channel. Hence, we submitted Archer Master to the following major app markets:
On July 15th the application was submitted to this app store. Amazon reviews applications before publishing so the process may take long. Fortunately, Archer Master was approved quite fast (on July 20th) and now is ready for download. Archer Master on Amazon.
1. Downloads. This split bar chart shows downloads per day.
2. Ad Requests. The game is supported by ads (AdMob) so each time you enter the game or play a level, some ads are shown. The following chart shows how many ad requests Archer Master has made to Admob servers. It’s a good indicator to know how many people are playing the game.
3. Ad Clicks. This graph shows how many times ads were clicked.
- Looking at Diagram 1, we can see a steady growth of downloads (70-80 downloads/day). Once we could obtain data from AppChina, we discovered that this app store is our main source of downloads. Hence, we hold great expectations on both AppChina and Amazon AppStore. Hopefully next week we'll have enough data to draw a conclusion. On the contrary, the visibility of Archer Master on Getjar is really poor. The only way to find our game is by searching either by "archer master" or by "archery". As a result, after three days we’ve got no downloads at all from Getjar.
- We have removed active users data from downloads diagram because we believe it’s not reliable. Actually, Android Market has been reporting the same active users (631) over the last seven days which seems, at least, weird (it should either increase or decrease). So we've decided to take "Ad Requests" as the most accurate metric of success.
- Ad requests felt gradually over the week. The game did great on weekend (25K-26K/day) but as the week progressed, Ad requests went down to 15K-12K/day. This means that users play less which is definitely bad news. We have to collect more data notwithstanding.
- This week is the second week without significant incomes ($0.85). This leads us to the conclusion that we need a different approach. So now we’re working on a new version (v. 1.1) that should be ready in a couple of weeks. Details of this new version will be revealed in another post.
That's all for now. Stay tuned!