MadridBus v0.99.5 Beta.
Why is this app different or better from the dozens of apps in the market?
- It's extremely easy to use. You don't need to know what line you need, where is the stop, NOTHING. You simply say where you want to go and the app will calculate the closest bus stop and the line you need to take. That's all.
- It's in 5 languages (English, French, German, Portuguese and Spanish). We want tourists, foreigns, Erasmus ;-) to use the app too.
From Madrid to heaven
A few months ago we noticed that we were spending too much time for one app in order to get the quality that we wanted and it was bad for the business ;-).
And here is the elephant in the room, if you have a look to BilbaoBus and MadridBus you will see they are very similar, in fact, they have the same core app. But both of them have a very important difference in the backend. We use General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) as source data for MadridBus. GTFS is an standard format proposed and supported by Google and it's being used right now for almost 500 cities in the world. It means that once we complete the beta for MadridBus and the users gave us their approve we are in a position to raise hundreds of transport apps in the world. But this is material for other Post in the future :-).
Things you need to know about the MadridBus
- It's not the official app of EMT Madrid.
- Time calculation is based on official timetables. It's not connected to real-time data.
- You can contact our team if you have any doubt, advice, comment or you find something wrong in the app. We promise to answer you as soon as possible.